Saturday, June 23, 2012

2 questions

A couple of weeks ago, I visited a church in downtown Kansas City called Redeemer Fellowship.  I knew that I would be returning to the church as soon as I saw there was a banjo in the worship band... ;)  It turned out that I really enjoyed the teaching as well as the worship.  During the sermon, the preacher kind of made a side note about reading the Bible...  He said that someone once upon a time gave him this advice in his early Christian days-- on each page of Scripture, you should ask yourself these two questions:

1)  Who is in control?

2)  Is that good news?

Two simple questions with such deep, eternal implications.  I have found myself mulling these questions over in the past two weeks since visiting Redeemer, applying them not only to the pages of Scripture, but also to the pages of my life. 

The chapter that I am living out right now has been in such a constant state of flux and confusion.  During these page-days, pain is often great and understanding is often little.  Not very many things make sense to me right now, and it has been incredibly easy for me to forget the Lord's sovereignty.  Tonight, while reading through the book of Nehemiah, I was struck by how in control God was over it all, and what good news that was for the city of Jerusalem.

Praise the Lord for encouragement through His word.

Whether I can see it or feel it or not, the Lord is always in control of my story.  And that is very, very good news, because the way that the Father writes stories always ends so beautifully.



No comments:

Post a Comment